No matter which form of transportation you choose--car, transit, bike, or boat--everyone is eventually a pedestrian for some portion of every trip. Too often the pedestrian experience is overlooked in land use and facility design.
Write on these topics:
- Sidewalk requirements on new development vs. sidewalk fund for completing high-priority segments.
- Advantages of asphalt sidewalks. (Can build more with less money, softer on the feet; common outside the USA.)
- Traffic calming strategies
- Lower speed limits for residential streets, especially those lacking continuous sidewalks.
- Residential street design & woonerfs
- Parking lot design for pedestrians
- Pet Peeve: cars parking on the sidewalk